- Onitsha, Nigeria
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The primary role for this position is to safely operate and maintain defined brewing equipment and related process to achieve optimal effectiveness.
The Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Operating equipment utility process areas according to VPO standards
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target, and recording short stops and correcting any out of controls using the VPO tools
- Recording waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems. Review trends to identify & resolve problems
- Carrying out autonomous operations as defined for the process areas
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the process artisan or team leader to assist with resolution
- Assisting the process artisan/machine specialist in executing running repairs on shift
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses and recording the results on the appropriate information system
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions
- React to the results using the VPO tools supplied
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. Making use of the action logs to record issues, problems, and improvement opportunities
- Fully understand the team dream and contribute to achieving it
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated
- Where problems occur, use the VPO problem solving tools to resolve and record the issues
- BSc/HND or equivalent in Engineering
- Min - 2 years in FMCG environment
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 17 September 2021.