- Jinja, Uganda
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The primary role of this job is to maintain equipment in an as new condition, assuring reliable performance to standard through inspections, corrective actions to restore equipment back to inherent condition, problem solving to address root cause of failures and loop closure and provide input into the ZBB maintenance budget. To coach operators in the correct way to operate equipment and perform autonomous operations.
The Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Comply with safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Identification of unsafe practices through SIO's
- Safety inspections conducted
- Safe maintenance practices audited
- Adherence to PPE policies
- Maintenance tools are in good working order
- Maintain and repair plant and associated devices
- Locate plant, equipment, spares and relevant documentation and or systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Operate workshop equipment
- Work in Teams
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- Work orders complete
- Generate tags for follow on work
- Satisfied customers – no rework
- Apply knowledge & skills of VPO
- Portray good knowledge of Utilities processes and Technologies
- Ensure total productive maintenance
- Demonstrate high energy, balanced personality self-discipline and drive, conceptualizing and innovative thinking, goal oriented and a strong output bias
- Have a proactive mindset & ability to communicate (verbal and written)
- B.Sc. Engineering degree – Preferably Electrical or Mechanical
- Min. National Diploma in Electrical preferably/Mechanical Eng.
- Good leadership potential
- Good knowledge of Utilities processes and technologies
- Familiarity with maintenance systems e.g. COSWIN
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance practices
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 31 August 2021.