Brewing Technical Trainee
- Onitsha, Nigeria
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Key Purpose Statement
Opportunity exist for passionate, driven and resilient individuals to apply for the Brewing Technical Trainee Program.
The Brewing Technical Trainee Program is designed for Brewing skill in other to supply a pipeline for ABInBev’s management resources for the future, and to provide great opportunities for eligible employees to grow both personally and professionally. It will also enhance the establishment of networks and communities of practice from around the world.
As you know, ABInBev has a strong brewing culture and heritage and as part of the scheme, one will complete the internationally recognized IBD Diploma in Brewing, a milestone in any brewer’s career. At the completion of the program, which should take approximately 18 months, one will have the required technical and management skills and knowledge to be appointed to a permanent position within the organization.
Qualifications & Experience
- A good university Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology.
- 1-2 years’ experience in ABInBev manufacturing environment with an exceptional performance track record
- Strong passion for brewing
Traits & Competences Required
- Effective communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Self managed and assertiveness.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Creative and broad-minded thinker.
- Dynamic personality.
- Must be a Change agent (Influential power).
- Self starter and energetic.
- Provide operational support to shift based teams on process problem solving, supplying expert advice and guidance.
- Willingness to challenge the "status quo" and uphold process and quality standards within the operational environment
- Very good team player
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 13 August 2021.