Packaging Process Operators - Ilesa Plant
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Career Opportunity exists for a highly skilled Process Operators, Packaging. The Successful candidate will operate and maintain defined Packaging equipment and related process in order to achieve optimal effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment in Packaging process areas according to VPO standards
- Constantly review process performance against target, and recording short stops and correcting any out of controls using the VPO tools
- Record waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems
- Review trends to identify & resolve problems
- Carry out autonomous operations as defined for the process areas
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team Leader to assist with resolution
- Assisting the Process Artisan/Machine specialist in executing running repairs on shift
- Carry out the required quality checks and analyses and record the results on the appropriate information system
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. making use of the action logs to record issues, problems and improvement opportunities
- Fully understand the team Dream and contribute in achieving it
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated
- Where problems occur, use the VPO problem solving tools to resolve and record the issues.
- Manage PIMS & POMS and take corrective action on negative trends
- Use QFR's (As per triggers)
- Complete 5 WHY's (As per triggers) with relevant team members
- Contribute towards Abnormality reports as required
- Complete associated tracking and monitoring: operator workstation administration and take action as required
- Complete Team room administration as required
- Interpret and implement production plan for shift
- Operate manual and automatic machines on Packaging line as per standards
- Monitor production processes on shift and correct any negative trends
- Ensure process quality and productivity
- BSc/HND or equivalent in Engineering
- Experience in a packaging process environment
- Minimum 2 years in FMCG environment
- Experience in running a high-speed packaging line
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player
- High level of initiative and energy
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting
CLOSING DATE 17 JUNE 2021
The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats.
Internal applicants please ensure you attach line manager approval as well, ONLY CANDIDATES WITH LINE MANAGER APPROVAL WILL BE SHORTLISTED.
International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.