Energy & Fluid Operator
- Ilesa, Nigeria
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Opportunity exists for an Operator – Energy and Fluid at International Breweries Plc Ilesha, reporting to the Utilities team leader. The Operator will operate the Biological Treatment System (BTS) plant and the execution of quality control checks and analyses, including coaching of other team members and supporting the Process Artisan in carrying out asset care activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Shift Based Production, Performance and Processes
- Interpret and implement plan for shift
- Monitor processes on shift for the BTS, WTP and Water abstraction plant
- Ensure process quality and productivity
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Co-ordinate autonomous maintenance and cleaning
- Achieve BTS PTS compliance targets Comply with VPO safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
2. Specialist Analysis
- Carry out specialized and highly specialized quality analyses for which the shift based teams are responsible
- Record the results of analyses on appropriate information systems and communicate results where required
- Conduct analysis of results to identify problems and improvement opportunities timeously
- Assist the shift based teams in the execution of quality analysis, where required
3. Quality Auditing
- Conduct required and requested quality audits, completing the appropriate documentation and communicating the results
- Review quality analysis procedures of shift based teams, identifying problems or training needs and communicating these to the team leader
- Conduct regular audits of calibration procedures of shift based production teams and communicating results
- Conduct audits of analytic procedures to ensure compliance with COT guidelines, and identifying corrective actions required
- Where required, initiate corrective actions coming out of the quality audits in areas that impact the laboratory
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
4. Problem Solving
- Support the shift based production teams in problem solving, providing specialist assistance and techniques
- Coach, mentor and assist shift based production teams on problem solving and correct use of problem solving techniques
5. Continuous Improvement
- Carry out specialized analyses in support of the evaluation of continuous improvement opportunities
- Determine additional analytical work required evaluating continuous improvement opportunities
- Take part in regional and divisional process optimization initiatives as required.
- BSc/HND or equivalent in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years in FMCG environment
Traits & Competencies required:
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in a fast paced environment
- A team player
- High level of initiative and energy
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats.
1. Kindly have line manager approval for internal applicants.
2. Attach cv in pdf format
International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.