- Jinja, Uganda
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
To carry out sampling, sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, in-process samples of brewing product from Brewhouse, Yeast & Fermentation and Bright beer.
Roles, Skills & Attributes Required:
- Sampling is carried out as per manualised methods
- Relevant apparatus, equipment and reagents are prepared as per manualised method
- Analysis is performed using fundamental laboratory techniques and practices.
- Accurate results generated, recorded and reported on time.
- Carry out lab equipment maintained and calibration as per manualized methods.
- Comply to company safety policy and procedure( Hazardous substance, PPE, MSDS, Safety incidents, lab safety rules)
- Adhere to 5S and Housekeeping schedules
- Conduct required and requested quality audits, completing the appropriate documentation and communicating the results
- Coach, check, mentor and assist shift based production teams on problem solving and correct use of problem solving techniques.
- Take part in regional and divisional process optimisation initiatives as required
- Education: Min – Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in FMCG industry
- Must be hardworking, Honest and self-motivated
- Must be dynamic & a good team Player
- Excellent commitment to Occupational Safety & health, Environmental implications of the job
- Understanding of process control within a brewing/process environment
- Assertive and analytical
- Knowledge in computer Excel, Power point
- Proven leadership ability
- Good understanding of the principles and practices of Manufacturing Excellence
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made inline with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- Internal Applicants require Line Manager Approval
- Ensure CV's are attached to applications
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing
The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted