Technical Specialist( Port Harcourt)
- Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
An exciting opportunities exist for highly skilled and result driven Technical Specialist in our Port Harcourt Brewery of International Breweries Plc, Nigeria reporting to the Technical Operations Manager – Infrastructure.
The incumbent will install and maintain computer systems and networks in order to ensure smooth operations while delivering IT support using a broad range of technologies.
Duties and responsibilities
- General user support of all company devices and software
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions to issues and outages
- Build an internal knowledgebase with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Support, configure, maintain and upgrade our networks and in-house servers
- Ensure the Resolved Status Service Level Agreement (SLA) is not breached by resolving tickets timeously
- Ensure that tickets are updated in line with the Process (With approval from the customer and a valid reason)
- Ensure that tickets are acknowledged before they breach the Ticket Acknowledgement SLA
- Quality Assurance Management - Ensure that a QA average of 98% is achieved on all call management assessments individually, based on ticket management quality
- Customer Experience: Excellent customer service delivered daily to avoid escalations, customer complaints and re-opening of calls
- Provide active resolution on all calls or emails logged for IT assistance within the agreed upon SLA timeframes
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems timeously
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities on the relevant systems
- Train others in computer interface or software use
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in network admin, systems support or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- IT Certification will be an advantage (e.g. ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE)
Key competencies and attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Analysis & diagnostic investigation
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats.
International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.