Packaging Instrument Technician
- Sagamu, Nigeria
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Key Purpose Statement
- The primary function of this position is to perform optimization /modifications of process control systems.
- Supports the installations of process control systems.
- Maintain, calibrate, repair equipment, optimize Packaging equipment and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Locate plant, equipment, spares, and relevant documentation / systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Continuously improve (optimize) plant, process equipment and systems
- Operate plant and process equipment
- Calibrate instruments
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- Apply 5S standards and practices in the workplace
- Operate and control the process according to SOP's
- Conduct autonomous maintenance
- Manage quality at source
- Improve personal competence and flexibility
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
- Display initiative and ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization, within a team environment and with suppliers
- Motivated self-starter with high energy levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
Qualifications & Experience
- Min. of B.Sc./HND in Electrical Engineering
- 2 Years on the job training with SKAP completed
Traits & Competences Required
- Interpret process description specifications and conduct modifications /optimisations of process control software as per specifications and software standards. Identify process control software deviations and resolve or recommend solutions
- Support the process control software change management process
- Maintain process control software integrity and security
- Support the development of and upgrade preventative maintenance procedures for process control systems
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts
- Maintain working knowledge of new technology instrumentation, software, etc. through reading and/or attending conferences, workshops or other training
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted and specify the plant where the role you are applying for seats.
International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.