Lead Sustainability and Stakeholder Management
- Lagos, Nigeria
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Opportunity exists for a Lead Sustainability and Stakeholder Manager in our Legal/Corporate Affairs function. The Sustainability and Stakeholder Manager (S&SM) will lead the development and execution of a broad-based strategic sustainable development initiatives for International Breweries Plc deriving from the Global 2025 Sustainability Goals.
The position holder would also coordinate the activities of the International Breweries Foundation.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Drive the achievement of the country 2025 Goals on Climate Action, Smart Agriculture, Water Stewardship, Circular Packaging, Smart Drinking and Better World initiatives
- Develop and implement innovative programmes and initiatives on the Goals
- Continuously secure and leverage senior level commitment and support for integrating sustainable development into core processes and decision-making
- Collaborate with the company’s internal groups to develop a co-ordinated sustainability plan.
- Serve as the internal leader and “go to” expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics
- Ensure appropriate internal controls and measurement systems are in place to support sustainability efforts.
- Source, secure and sustain partnerships with other partner organisations or institutions who have similar CSR ambitions to leverage scale and economies
- Prepare periodic reports of planned, on-going and completed projects for each Corporate Social Responsibility cycle and year
- Own and manage the country stakeholder engagement master plan
- Execute the company’s annual Sustainability Report
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
- Ensure that the company’s Better World initiatives and other CSR investments and interventions build corporate reputation and contribute to driving corporate success
- Support the activities of the site’s Corporate Affairs Managers as may be required on CSR at sites
- Conduct research, create ideas and detailed plans and implement and coordinate a range of activities and initiatives, which are designed to have a positive impact on communities and the society
- Work with external agency to develop and maintain detailed proposals for CSR, including identifying and implementing sponsorships with non-profit and other organizations to demonstrate commitment externally
- Oversee Employee Volunteerism – Better World Champions - across the country’s operations
- National CSR Programmes: develop and work on special national CSR projects (exclusive to community CSR projects) to project the company as a national brand. Such programmes include the Kickstart empowerment programme
- Manage site mobilisation, implementation, completion, handover and delivery of social investment projects on time and within approved budget limit
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATIONS
- Work with the Internal and Corporate Communications team to ensure there is effective internal and external communications of Sustainability and CSR activity including stakeholder engagement.
- Foster a culture of sustainability through ongoing organizational communications and education
- Collaborate closely with internal subject matter experts e.g., Head of Environment, Ecology, Health & Safety etc. to ensure appropriate responses and communications on their subject areas
- Impact Story Telling and Showcase: Collaborate with the Communications Manager, CAM's and other relevant Managers to communicate progress and impact of our key sustainability initiatives internally and externally, including leveraging national, regional and global platforms to showcase the success of such initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
The occupant of this position should possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mass Communication, the Social Sciences, or Business-related disciplines
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience covering the development and implementation of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- Demonstrable knowledge of the business imperatives guiding the implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility programs
- Strong experience in social impact work, community interventions and projects
Key competencies and attributes:
- Excellent teamwork, social, as well as stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Proven organizational, execution and project management skills, including the ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects concurrently
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with different levels of authority, internally and externally
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills
- High ethical standards and level of integrity
The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role.
International Breweries PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing
Grade – VI-B
BU- West Africa