- Johannesburg, South Africa
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Are you ready to accept the challenge? We are looking to attract ambitious, bold, curious and driven Logistics students to join us for a 6 month (fixed term contract) structured internship based at our major Distribution Centers in Johannesburg (Baragwanath, Chamdor, Denver, Isando)
We need you to be flexible, agile, resilient, and open to take on any challenges whilst learning! During this time, you will get an opportunity to really showcase your skills and how best you work within a team environment! You will be working with some of our best leaders and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring!
The programme is designed to provide students in their final year of study with an intensive focused practical training program, where they will gain insight into key areas of logistics within the South African Breweries environment. The programme will include practical exposure to the following:
- Understanding of SAB and the SAB Value Chain
- Understanding of key focus areas within Warehouse, Distribution and Inventory
- Rotating within the Logistics departments to gain depth and breadth of experience
Students meeting the following minimum criteria should apply by following the application link:
- Busy studying i.e. 3rd year students currently enrolled for a B Degree or Advanced Diploma in Logistics, Commercial or Engineering
- No work experience is required
- Flexibility will be provided to fulfill study requirements (attending classes, writing exams etc.)
- Require basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- A valid drivers' licence would be an advantage
- Contract could be extended for an additional 6 months internship depending on performance
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Appointments will be made in line with AB InBev employment equity plan (where applicable) and talent requirements. Assessments and background checks form part of the recruitment process. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing