Zone Project Civil Specialist
- Bryanston, Sandton, 2191, South Africa
- Region: ZHQ
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The main purpose of the role is to define and deliver strategic direction for the function within the Africa Zone and ensure compliance to local, state and national civil build regulations, codes and standards. Leads civil development work for projects (scoping, costing, design and construction) and ongoing support to the implementation team as required. Leads the development of projects ensuring that business requirements are met while supporting the delivery of ABInBev strategic priorities.
- A bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent with 8-10 years work experience
- At least 5 years FMCG or beverage experience would be an advantage
- Design experience with regard to large civil builds in excess of $10m
- Detailed understanding of civil construction legal regulations, building permit approval requirements, building and safety codes and other regulations pertaining to industrial buildings and structures
- Working knowledge green engineering and construction techniques
- Solid understanding of project management tools and techniques such as PMBOK
- Good understanding of best in class civil construction solutions to enable accurate technical reviews and adjudication of contractors bids
- Good communicator with the development team to ensure that design requirements are defined timeously by other disciplines to ensure designs are completed on time
- Process orientated and assertive to ensure that projects are executed in accordance with well proven and established practices and safety requirements
- Proven experience in solving civil project related problems with pragmatic solutions
- Excellent organisational skills that enable systematic prioritisation to logically complete tasks and deliver results
- General commercial and financial understanding.
- Leadership skills, interpersonal skills and strong team player
- Ability to manage people and conflicts
- Computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.)
- Registration with a professional body i.e. ECSA
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Appointments will be made in line with AB InBev employment equity plan (where applicable) and talent requirements.
Assessments and background checks form part of the recruitment process. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.