Manager of Communications and Marketing
ABFE is a membership-based philanthropic organization that advocates for responsive and transformative investments in Black communities. Partnering with foundations, nonprofits and individuals, ABFE provides its members with professional development and technical assistance resources that further the philanthropic sector’s connection and responsiveness to issues of equality, diversity and inclusion.
TITLE: Manager of Communications and Marketing
DEPARTMENT: External Affairs
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications and Marketing
Location: Virtual Office (East coast Headquartered)
The Manager of Communications and Marketing serves to advance ABFE's goals through (1) supporting and implementing ABFE's communication and marketing strategy, (2) distributing and marketing of all projects, programs, and campaigns, (3) supporting revenue-generation efforts, and (4) advancing digital strategy and effective use of technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and execute an integrated marketing communications strategy and external project plan across all online platforms (web, email, social media, press) and via printed materials, panels, speaking, public appearances, media etc.
• Manage ABFE’s mass communications including writing, designing, and distributing monthly newsletter, e-mail updates, alerts, and other targeted member/ sector communications.
• Support ABFE’s current campaigns, including our comprehensive campaigns which includes advertising with Black press, virtual PR events, fundraising opportunities, and mail campaigns.
• Prepare and coordinate the release of announcements, news releases, President’s messages, and other communications as requested.
• Support membership recruitment and retention efforts through digital and traditional media.
• Copyedit marketing collateral materials to support membership, fundraising, and programming efforts.
• Responsible for building processes within Pardot, including email marketing, responsive email templates in Pardot that render correctly across mobile and all major email clients, create a template/code library of reusable content, develop, and configure landing pages and forms in Pardot with personalization and dynamic content, manage Pardot tags.
- Support the Director of Communications and Marketing and external partners and vendors, support the launch of ABFE’s Drupal website with demonstrated ability to plan, publish, curate and update content and online features.
Community Engagement and Growing Audience
• Monitor news cycle and relevant discussions in the racial and social justice, philanthropy, community.
• Support rapid response efforts with the senior leadership team and Director of Communications and Marketing to review current events, determine when an organizational response is necessary, and manage the next steps (e.g., drafting statements, pitching experts available, re-releasing existing products, support production of new products).
• Support interdepartmental project-planning and designing interactive products, more visual storytelling, and other methods to sustain organizational engagement with movement allies, members, and other stakeholders of engagement.
• Support Development team with fundraising appeals and creation of donation pages (e.g., graphics, video, content review, scheduling coordination).
• Promote attendance to the annual conference, webinars, workshops, and other events.
• Submit regular reports and funder-specific reports as needed with key metrics (e.g., media hits, social media analytics, web traffic, report downloads). Other duties, as assigned.
• Support a plan for ABFE’s thought leadership activities, including speaking engagements, webinars, opinion pieces, and whitepapers.
• Develop and execute strategic employee communications and engagement plans designed to support key business objectives, long-term goals, and key projects.
• Provide communications support to key senior executives, including communications around key initiatives, high level organization announcements, engagement activities, and other communications needs.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Excellent writing and tactful editorial skills
• 5+ years communications experience, within a publicly traded company, philanthropy and/or nonprofits.
• Proven track record of successful media relations coverage; experience in pitching stories to various media outlets, including bloggers.
• Knowledgeable in Pardot and Salesforce, as you take full ownership of Pardot, and manage various related tasks in Salesforce.
• Strategic and analytical thinker
• Diplomatic communicator who is comfortable working under deadline with diverse constituencies
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrated passion for ABFE’s mission, advocacy, and racial and social justice.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of basic marketing principles and practices.
• Strong writing and editing skills; background in AP-style writing.
• Experience developing online content.
• Experience in Salesforce, Pardot, Canva, and developing online design content.
• Ability to produce, record and edit video content.
• Driven self-starter who works effectively and efficiently with colleagues, partners, members, and other external stakeholders including senior level executives and CEOs.
• Proficiency in computer and web-based technology skills, including database management.
• Travel may be required.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related field is required.
• Minimum five years of relevant experience in communications and marketing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABFE is an at-will employer and may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice.
ABFE is an active Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please include your resume and cover letter to be considered for this opportunity.