Fabricator (Digital Cutting & CNC Operator)
- 480 Gotham Pkwy, Carlstadt, NJ 07072, USA
ABC Imaging is an international technology firm supporting Fortune 500 clients globally. Headquartered in Washington, DC, ABC Imaging is one of the fastest growing companies operating in over 150 cities in the USA, Canada, Middle East, China, and the UK.
Are you a hardworking self-starter who can teach learn on your own through trail and error? Would you like to apply your skills to help us make the next exhibit for one of our high-end clients in New York City? No mass-production monotony here! Every project is unique, so it’s hard to get bored.
Our clients are mostly high-end brands featured in high volume shopping areas. Our business is an advanced team of print professionals looking to add another driven and experienced professional to our company. We enjoy a light-hearted, small-business atmosphere while succeeding through dedication to being leading experts in our trade. Our next team member will be dedicated to building a career, including committing to extra hours when deadline driven projects are at hand.
We are looking for someone who has a high aptitude for computer-controlled machinery, basic tooling related to wood or metal-work, and basic finishing techniques like sanding or flame-treating. Basic experience in the printing industry is an advantage, but not a requirement. Our staff and managers are available for training on company processes, procedures, and advanced operating rules.
- High school degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- experience with Digital Cutting Tables such as Kongsberg/Esko, Zund, Eletron, Multicam, or others is a bonus, however all machine training can be performed on the job.
- Must be comfortable using high speed machines for computer control knife cutting and CNC machining up to 60,000 RPMs.
- Exceptional Proficiency in working with computers and electronics
- Experience using computer-controlled machinery
- Basic understanding of mechanics, wood-working, or metalworking
- Experience using tape measures, calipers, and other tools to create precisely specified finished products.
- Ability to work at a fast pace for 8-hour shifts, standing, moving, and reaching over the finishing tables
- High level of organization required to handle complex jobs with multiple parts, finishing stages, assembly, and precision. The ability to create a finished product by producing several complex assembly stages cannot be stressed enough.
- Ability to push and/or pull, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and 100 pounds with assistance.
- Experience in high-end brand space and retail fixture installation is a plus.
- Experience in a paint booth or installing vinyl is a plus.
This position may require the employee to drive for business purposes in either their own vehicle or a vehicle provided by Company. Employees that drive for business purposes must be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Records check and provide proof of insurance and a valid license to drive on an annual basis.For consideration, please apply to this posting below.