Winter Tax Internship
- 50 Washington St, Westborough, MA 01581, USA
AAFCPAs is the premier CPA and consulting firm based in New England and considered an attractive alternative to national CPA firms by discerning clients who appreciate exceptional value. We provide audit, tax, and advisory solutions to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, and wealthy individuals/estates. Since 1973, our sincere approach to business and service excellence has built a thriving 200+ member firm driven by our altruistic mission to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for all constituents: employees, clients, and communities. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations.
AAFCPAs is an independent member of PrimeGlobal, the fourth largest CPA firm association in the world. This provides our clients with seamless national and global coverage, along with an advantageous pay-as-you-use model.
We’re looking for part-time, highly motivated accounting intern to join our tax team during the Winter/Spring semester seasons. If you enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-pace environment, then you may be the right fit for AAFCPAs.
- Develop an understanding of firm concepts and what places us above other firms, including the one-firm concept.
- Be enthusiastic about client needs and provide prompt service.
- Work to develop a comprehensive approach to and understanding of the client's business and its needs.
- Complete specific assignments under supervision in a technically competent manner within allotted time.
- Communicate opportunities to senior or semi-senior on a timely basis (in writing, when appropriate).
- Develop proper work paper techniques.
- Develop professional and technical skills
- Develop tax awareness in all areas, including personal and business income taxes, payroll, sales and other taxes.
- Receive all department mail, scan, organize and distribute to various teams
A successful candidate would encompass the following:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Accountancy, Master of Accountancy, Master of Taxation, or related field, from an accredited college/university
- Ability to work as a team and strive for personal effectiveness and professionalism to maintain excellent client service
- Targeted graduation dates from December 2019 through Summer 2020, or for early internship programs targeted graduation dates from Summer 2021
- Interns must be able to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment.
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Available a minimum of 20 - 25 hours per week
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products is required, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Experience with QuickBooks is a plus
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.