- 50 Washington St, Westborough, MA 01581, USA
AAFCPAs is the premier CPA and consulting firm based in New England and considered an attractive alternative to national CPA firms by discerning clients who appreciate exceptional value. We provide audit, tax, and advisory solutions to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, and wealthy individuals/estates. Since 1973, our sincere approach to business and service excellence has built a thriving 200+ member firm driven by our altruistic mission to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for all constituents: employees, clients, and communities. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations.
AAFCPAs is an independent member of PrimeGlobal, the fourth largest CPA firm association in the world. This provides our clients with seamless national and global coverage, along with an advantageous pay-as-you-use model.
The role of the Executive Assistant (EA) is to act as an extension of the Partners he/she supports by providing administrative support in order to best leverage their time and maximize productivity. You will be indispensable in improving the external focus (reach) of the Partner(s) by organizing/directing/scheduling the relationship management (nurturing) activities of a Partner(s) in a high growth entrepreneurial Public Accounting firm. The EA also greatly assists the Partner(s) with internal business disciplines (e.g. Customer Relationship Management (CRM), meeting debriefs, accuracy of scheduling/Outlook management, preparedness for all meetings and endeavors, transfer of intelligence, pipeline (sales opportunity) management, and proposal preparation). EAs will handle some direct client communications. The EA is a major contributor to the firm’s growth strategy because of the leverage they bring to the Partner.
- Changes as needed to engagement letters, financial statements, letters, notices etc.
- Pro-active tracking of all client deliverables using tracking systems, make sure review time is scheduled in Partners calendar, and monitor systems until the job is complete.
- Pro-active help with timely billing of clients by monitoring job completion, running WIP (Work in Progress) for the job, reviewing WIP with the Partner, and processing the invoice for the work.
- Maintain a weekly check-in with Partners
- Make all travel arrangements for supported Partners as needed
- Manage partner calendars including, review two weeks out to be sure of accuracy or changes
- Get Partners mail daily and identify important items
- Record minutes at various meetings
- Stay updated on office procedures, adjust as needed and implement new processes when needed
- Process New and Lost Client forms and Welcome letters for new clients
- Organize/submit expenses for reimbursement
- Meet and greet visitors for a scheduled meeting with the Partners as needed
- Answering phones and return calls as requested
- Special projects
- Knowledge of (Engagement, XCM, Practice, Zoho, Profx, Citrix, Acano System, DocIt, Skype and LinkedIn) is helpful
- MS Office Proficiency-Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Resource for tips I Techniques I Trends - How to leverage new technology (e.g. new cell phone app)
Sales/BD/Relationship Nurturing Support
- Proposal Coordination
- LinkedIn updates – Sharing/Liking on behalf of Partner or initiating connections with contacts met and data mining
- CRM -Updating, completeness, and accuracy of records
- Scheduling phone appointments to gather competitive intelligence after a lost opportunity
- Review of Biz publications (etc.) for mentions of clients, prospects, referral sources for nurturing
- Data mining support to identify key Board members of a client
- Disciplined to ensure debriefs occurs - Before Action Review (BARs) + After Action Review (AARs)
- Booking lunches/dinners/breakfasts/coffee with all A clients regularly throughout the year to nurture relationships
- Get Business cards (of contacts met) into CRM after LinkedIn connection is made
- Ensure Client Surveys are sent monthly and fully utilized for max effectiveness
- Command of technology (MS Office expertise – Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) - Track changes and Proposal template features (e.g. quick parts, image manipulation), Social media – LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook)
- Professional both in appearance and demeanor, friendly, outgoing, and personable
- Mastery of English language written and verbal
- Business acumen and familiarity with sales pursuits
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Integrity, ethics, and respect working with confidential information and matters
- Professional confidence and reliability
- A “can-do” attitude and willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done
- High standards of quality with a sense of urgency
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and strong human relationship skills
- Customer service focus
- Comfortable taking direction from multiple people
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Naturally team oriented and a team player
- Proactive, flexible and the ability to multi-task
- Able to handle tight deadlines, multiple priorities, and stressful situations
- Drive – wants to make a difference and contribute positively to our future success
- Resourcefulness, persistence, good problem-solving skills, and ability to complete loosely-defined tasks in a proactive manner
Candidate should have 3 - 5 years of relevant and successful EA experience, ideally in a multiple team member, fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial, client-service environment. The hours of work will vary on occasion including the possibility of staying into the evening or arriving early as necessary.
To apply for this position, please go to AAFCPAs’ website: www.aafcpa.com and click the link to Careers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.