Customs Brokerage Release Manager (Canada)
- 120 176 St, Surrey, BC V3S 9S2, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Do you enjoy working with a group of people who like to work hard and have fun while doing it?
Then A & A is for you.
We are a full-service international logistics company specializing in customs brokerage. Being part of our team means sharing in our excitement about logistics.
Our future depends on bright, energetic people with a strong desire to learn, grow and play an integral part in our business growth and successes. We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what A & A has to offer.
We are a values-based organization and a dedicated group of professionals who value teamwork, learning and development, and innovation. We take a great deal of pride in developing long-term relationships and in supporting our community and our environment.
A & A’s Promise
We thrive on helping people.
At A & A, we are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential by developing their skills and careers.
We strive to be the best employer in our community and in our industry.
Our People Principles
Our Principles guide us in delivering on our People Promise. They commit us to:
- Create a team of engaged and committed A Players
- Make a difference to help employees learn and grow
- Truly care about your quality of life
A & A is in search of a Customs Brokerage Release Manager to lead the daily growing operations of our Customs Release Team. In this role you will lead your respective team(s) in all operational disciplines involving the entry and clearance of imported goods, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity, and customer satisfaction while ensuring compliance with CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) and all other related Government Agency regulatory requirements.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Customs Brokerage Release Manager has the following main responsibilities:
- To manage and lead a team of Customs Clearance Coordinators and/or specialists ensuring customs releases are completed in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with A & A’s policies and procedures and to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- To coach team members in a positive and constructive manner and take corrective action as needed in order to facilitate professional growth; completing quarterly formal reviews and ad hoc performance discussions as necessary.
- Leading and coaching the team to reduce service failures and continuously seek to find efficiencies and process improvement opportunities.
- Motivating team to drive core values and create an environment that fosters success and accountability.
- Lead weekly departmental L10 meetings.
- Leading the on-boarding and training activities of new personnel; conducting weekly check-ins and final determination on 90 days probationary success.
- Be a consistent and strong presence with staff to monitor activity, lending experience as necessary, and ensure operational execution adheres to established processes and is in line with both internal and external expectations.
- Be the customer's advocate in solving issues and ensuring consistent service and meets and exceeds their expectations.
- To ensure quality assurance processes are in place for the Release Team and provide necessary training where needed.
- To schedule personnel and assign workload in a fair and equitable manner. Ensuring adequate coverage and support for personnel across the full hour of operation.
- To be part of the hiring process for new team members.
- To work with Operations Manager in developing or revising process, procedures, staffing plans, succession planning, training, or other operational activities as may be required.
- Create, share and deliver departmental reports, tracking KPI's and populating weekly templates shared with staff and Management.
- Maintaining relevant SOP's with the current processes, governmental body requirements, and system procedures.
- 3-5 years of Customs Brokerage experience and will be familiar with customs regulations and clearances.
- At least 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Team-oriented player.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Current CCS and/or CTCS designation, Customs Broker Professional license not required but would be an asset.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- 8:00 - 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
This position is located in Surrey, BC and is open to qualified REMOTE candidates
We offer a competitive salary, medical benefits, tuition reimbursement programs, professional training, and paid time off.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.