Customs Brokerage Manager
- 101 176 St, Surrey, BC V3S 9S4, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Do you want to work with an organization that is doing things differently; where your voice & ideas matter! Have you been told that you have an incredible ability to build relationships and trust quickly? Are you known as a problem solver? If YES, then A & A is for you! A & A Customs Brokers is looking for a Customs Brokerage Manager.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation to attract next-level talent - Minimum $20/hour wage for all employees on day one
- Benefits (health & dental), Employer RRSP contribution, tuition reimbursement programs, professional training, paid time off as well as other fun perks (ie. Honeymoon High 5, paid sick leave, 16-weeks paid maternity/parental leave, as well as other paid leaves of absence)
- A & A's office is based in beautiful Surrey, BC (Ability to work remotely)
- Monday - Friday (40 hours per week)
For over 40 years, A & A has been successful because of an unwavering commitment and focus on meeting the needs of our customers. We are a full-service international customs brokerage office. Being a part of our team means sharing in our excitement about cross-border trade and customs clearance.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Client Services, A & A is in search of a Customs Brokerage Manager to lead the daily growing operations of our Canadian Customs Release Team. In this role you will lead your respective team(s) in all operational disciplines involving the entry and clearance of imported goods, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity, and customer satisfaction while ensuring compliance with CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) and all other related Government Agency regulatory requirements.
- Manage and lead a team of Customs Clearance Coordinators and/or specialists ensuring customs releases are completed in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with A & A’s policies and procedures and to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Coach team members in a positive and constructive manner and take corrective action as needed in order to facilitate professional growth; completing quarterly formal reviews and ad hoc performance discussions as necessary
- Lead and coach team to reduce service failures and continuously seek to find efficiencies and process improvement opportunities
- Increase revenue opportunities
- Motivate the team to drive core values and create an environment that fosters success and accountability
- Lead weekly departmental meetings (at A & A we call them L10s)
- Lead the onboarding and training activities of new personnel
- Be a consistent and strong presence with staff to monitor activity, lending your experience as necessary
- Ensure operational excellence is adhered to and established processes are being followed
- Be the customer's advocate in solving issues, ensuring consistent service meets and exceeds their expectations
- 5 + years of Customs industry knowledge with proven experience of progressive roles from being an entry writer, to auditing files, to finally leading teams
- CCS certification is required; LCB is preferred
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Team-oriented player (it also really would be great if you like having fun and have a sense of humor!)
Our future depends on bright, energetic people with a strong desire to learn, grow and play an integral part in our business growth and successes. We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what A & A has to offer.
#ServewithEthusiasm #MakeitHappen #PlayasaTeam #Learn&Grow
To learn more about us, visit: https://www.aacb.com/
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.