Customs Clearance Coordinator
- 2 12th St, Blaine, WA 98230, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Do you want to be valued and compensated well for your contributions and expertise? If YES, then A & A is for you! We are searching for a passionate and results-driven Customs Clearance Coordinator to join our U.S. team.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation to attract next-level talent - we start at $20.00 per hour!
- Benefits (health & dental), 401k, tuition reimbursement programs, professional training, paid time off as well as other fun perks (ie. Honeymoon High 5, paid sick leave, 16-weeks paid maternity/parental leave, as well as other paid leaves of absence).
- Ability to work remotely
- Multiple shifts (full-time and part-time) available
For over 40 years A & A has been successful because of an unwavering commitment and focus on meeting the needs of our clients. We are a full-service international customs brokerage company. Being a part of our team means sharing in our excitement about cross-border trade and customs clearance.
About the role:
Reporting to the U.S. Operations Supervisor, the Customs Clearance Coordinator role involves the preparation of Customs documentation to ensure that any shipments that are imported meet all applicable U.S. rules & regulations.
The Customs Clearance Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Liaising with Clients and acting as a brand ambassador for the company
- Entering details into specialized customs software
- Allocating the correct license and certificates depending on the type of goods being imported including other types of documents required for customs clearance
- Liaising with CBP officials and various government agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs
- Arrange for product distribution of imported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders and Carriers
- Required to be fully conversant with import rules and regulations
- Maintaining your understanding and keeping up-to-date with changes as they occur, as to advise clients on import restrictions & requirements, tariff systems, and all other customs-related matters
- Handling general inquiries (internally and externally) over the phone, in person, and by email.
What kind of experience and demonstrated success will YOU bring to A & A? Here are some of the key skills and abilities you will have:
- Preferred 1+ year of Customs Clearance Coordinator experience
- Effective & efficient work habits (including punctuality, responsiveness, multi-tasking)
- A mindset that includes: being a team player, serving with enthusiasm, making things happen, and a love for learning (these are our core values!! It would also be great if you loved to have fun and be fun and have the ability to translate that into an amazing customer experience!!!)
- Thorough understanding of the U.S. rules & regulations for the importation of goods
- Strong professional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal as well as active listening)
- Complex problem solving, critical thinking skills, extremely organized self-starter, flexible, highly independent
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, G-Mail/Front, Google Drive, Google Sheets)
Our future depends on bright, energetic people with a strong desire to learn, grow and play an integral part in our business growth and successes.
We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what A & A has to offer.
#ServewithEthusiasm #MakeitHappen #PlayasaTeam #Learn&Grow
To learn more about us, visit: https://www.aacb.com/
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.