- 2 12th St, Blaine, WA 98230, USA
Do you enjoy working with a group of people who like to work hard and have fun while doing it?
Then A & A is for you.
We are a full-service international logistics company specializing in customs brokerage. Being part of our team means sharing in our excitement about logistics.
Our future depends on bright, energetic people with a strong desire to learn, grow and play an integral part in our business growth and successes. We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what A & A has to offer.
We are a values-based organization and a dedicated group of professionals who value teamwork, learning and development, and innovation. We take a great deal of pride in developing long-term relationships and in supporting our community and our environment.
A & A’s Promise
We thrive on helping people.
At A & A, we are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential by developing their skills and careers.
We strive to be the best employer in our community and in our industry.
Our People Principles
Our Principles guide us in delivering on our People Promise. They commit us to:
- Create a team of engaged and committed A Players
- Make a difference to help employees learn and grow
- Truly care about your quality of life
We are a Great Place to Work Certified Organization! See our feature page on the GPTW website for highlights of what makes us so great:
A & A is seeking a full-time Receptionist for our US office. You will be answering incoming calls, as well as working with the release staff to expedite clearances and address shipment delays. You will also manage the office supply ordering and provide overall support to the A & A USA and Canada offices.
- Manage phone calls via the switchboard desk.
- Handle office ordering and fulfill supply request.
- Reviewing documentation for mandatory customs requirements, and organizing/processing customs clearance documents.
- Emailing customers regarding missing information and held shipments.
- Reviewing and communicating FDA Holds and May Proceeds with Customers.
- Be able to perform basic computer functions.
- Monitoring aging files reports and confirming shipment status.
- Working in a Team setting and independently.
- Other duties as required.
- Bright and enthusiastic personality with a warm smile.
- Ability to make customers and drivers feel valued.
- Ability to multi task with front facing customers, paperwork, and other duties.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Co-operative and customer service focused.
- Courteous and professional communication both verbally and written.
- Well organized, clean, tidy and orderly work station.
- Displays A & A behaviors: Trust, lead by example, team work, and building relationships.
In the first 30 days you will:
- Be able to maneuver through Google Mail and ABI systems.
- Comfortably communicate within the team.
- Work reasonably well in AREV and ABI systems.
- Answer and transfer calls with little to no supervision.
- Begin to understand various customs documents.
In the first 60 days you will:
- Have a reasonable understanding of Customs documents.
- Be able to successfully search the customer data base in AREV.
- Know how to read and maneuver through client screens.
- Answer calls within the first 2 rings (80 % of calls).
- Know the various team members throughout the company, their roles and what they are responsible for.
- Identify FDA Holds and May Proceeds and email customers accordingly with no supervision.
- Work well with the team, getting involved with team discussions and playing an active part in team huddles.
In the first 90 days you will:
- Identify various documents for all departments within the company (example Accounting, Compliance etc.).
- Comfortably answer and transfer calls with no supervision.
- Answer calls within the first ring (90% of calls).
- Transfer calls correctly minimum (90% of the time).
- Email customer for additional information quickly and efficiently; working independently.
- Have proven understanding of Gmail team inbox by expediting clearances and addressing holds.
- Have an understanding of the rest of the company departments; who they are, what they do and how they're roles affect the overall process.
- One or more years of experience in a Receptionist role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, telephone and written),
- Being able to multitask in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines
- High work standards, high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Industry experience an asset but not required
- Ensures effective work habits, including punctuality and excellent attendance.
- Possess a super positive attitude
- Strong computer skills a must
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work well with minimal supervision
- Minimum Grade 12
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- 8:00 - 4:30 pm Monday to Friday with weekends off
The candidate should be able to enter into Canada for meetings as required. A passport or Nexus is preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits (health & dental), 401 K program, tuition reimbursement programs, professional training, and paid time off.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.