- 200 West St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
A123 Systems, LLC is a leading developer and manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation and commercial markets. The company’s patented Nanophosphate™ technology enables its batteries to deliver previously unattainable levels of power, safety and life. Applicable to a wide range of industries, A123 Systems’ products remove many traditional technology constraints to provide OEMs expanded flexibility in system design. With the largest lithium ion R&D team in North America, world-class expertise and management, and global manufacturing operations, A123 Systems’ Automotive Class Lithium Ion™ batteries are leading the automotive movement towards platform electrification. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Michigan, A123 Systems’ proprietary nano-scale electrode technology is built on initial developments from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. For additional information please visit www.a123systems.com.
The Data Engineer will partner with our current Sr. Data Engineer to learn how our Lithium Ion Cell Production Database is structured. Once oriented the Data Engineer will begin to meet with key Data Scientists to understand their data output requirements from the database and put together a project list. Working with the cross functional team, the Data Engineer will prioritize and begin executing the project list and circle back with key Data Scientists to evaluate requirements have been met. Once the Data Engineer has gained enough familiarity of how the database works today, the Data Engineer will then collaborate with our current Sr. Data Engineer to improve the Relational Database structure/functionality and or explore 3rd party software platforms to augment it.
- Ability to lead small technical team of internal scientists and engineers to collect data output requirements
- Ability to take requirements and automate data output in correctly formatted tables and graphs
- Knowledge of Relational Database Structuring
- Fluent in SQL Server
- Fluent in C-Sharp
- Fluent in VBA for MS Excel
- Familiar with Visual Studio
- Familiar with MatLab and/or MiniTab
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems and or Mathematics.
- Minimum of 5 years experience engineering SQL relational databases and creating VBA data output analysis tools for scientists.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.