- 200 West St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
A123 Systems, LLC develops and manufactures advanced lithium ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation, electric grid services and consumer markets. Headquartered in Massachusetts and founded in 2001, A123 Systems' proprietary nanoscale electrode technology is built on initial developments from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Among the companies selecting A123 batteries, battery systems and technology in the fields of transportation, grid energy storage and consumer products are AES Energy Storage, LLC, BAE Systems, The Black & Decker Corporation, BMW, Daimler, and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation. For additional information please visit www.a123systems.com.
As a member of the Cell Validation team, the Validation Engineer will be responsible for establishing product requirements as well as planning and executing validation activities for a variety of battery products. The Validation Engineer will act as an engineering leader to determine/review product requirements, coordinate testing, analyze test results, provide technical judgment, and develop appropriate documentation. The position will require solid quantitative skills, communication skills, and experience in product development.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline, mathematics, computer science, or other degree with focus on science, engineering, and quantitative analysis
- 3+ Years of experience in product validation and testing
- Experience with requirements and data analysis in a product development environment
- Experience with quantitative software preferred, including any of the following (or similar)
- Advanced user of Excel (Visual Basic scripting abilities is a plus)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Capabilities (Any of the Following are Beneficial but Not Required)
- Experience with requirements tracking software (such as DOORS)
- Knowledge of battery technologies, especially lithium ion
- Experience at an automotive OEM or tier 1 automotive supplier
- Experience with product compliance testing (UN, UL, IEC, GBT, etc)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.