Chemical Processing Engineering Technician – R&D Electrode Build
- 200 West St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
A123 Systems, LLC is a leading developer and manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation and commercial markets.
The Engineering Technician will work under the direction of the Electrode Lab Supervisor. Primary responsibilities of this position include (1) operating process and test equipment and (2) basic technical analysis and documentation development. .
· Operation of various process equipment used in the development of electrodes. Ability to cross train and be competent in multiple work areas. Independently document standard data for every production run in standard format. Leadership of basic process development efforts as assigned.
· Conduct analytical tests including but not limited to percent solids, viscosity, coat weight, thickness, etc.
· Contribute pro-actively to process improvements by independently documenting learning and data, analyzing using basic math and computer software.
· Focus on work area safety, cleanliness, material usage and organization.
· Understanding of change management procedures, documentation
· Perform other functions as required to support the R&D operation
Successful candidates will be both quality and detail oriented, be team oriented and flexible. They will possess good interpersonal skills, be proficient in written and verbal communication and be able to interface with co-workers and management.
· The position requires the ability to grasp basic technical concepts and language and the ability to communicate in a data-driven manner. Attention to detail is critical and the ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· High school diploma required with assembly and/or chemical processing experience preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform various math calculations and use test / measuring devices.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and also as part of team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.