Battery Engineering Technician – R&D cell assembly
- 200 West St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
A123 Systems, LLC is a leading developer and manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation and commercial markets.
The Engineering Technician will work under the direction of the Cell Assembly Supervisor. Primary responsibilities of this position include operating process equipment and basic technical analysis and documentation development.
- Conduct analytical tests including but not limited to high potential tests, leak/ hermetic seal test, Karl Fischer moisture analysis and physical property measurements.
- Operate various process equipment used in the development of cells. Ability to cross train and be competent in multiple work areas. Independently document standard data for every production run in standard format.
- Work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature. Recognize the need for deviation from accepted practice and develop solutions. Can facilitate process/equipment corrections independently for prime responsibility.
- Contribute proactively to process improvements by independently documenting learning and data, analyzing using basic math and computer software.
- Confront & resolve issues in a positive way. Implement simple solutions to reduce operator variation & potential quality defects.
- Focus on work area safety, cleanliness, material usage and organization.
- Perform other functions as required to support the R&D operation.
Successful candidates will be both quality and detail oriented, be team oriented and flexible. They will possess good interpersonal skills, be proficient in written and verbal communication and be able to interface with co-workers and management.
· The position requires the ability to grasp basic technical concepts and language and the ability to communicate in a data-driven manner. Attention to detail is critical and the ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
· High school diploma required with assembly, chemical processing and/ or relevant battery experience preferred.
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and general computer use
· Professional written and verbal communication skills required.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and also as part of team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.