- 200 West St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
A123 Systems, LLC is a leading developer and manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation and commercial markets.
The primary focus of this position is ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state and municipal EHS regulatory requirements for manufacturing and Research & Development (R&D) operations. This position reports within the R&D department. The EHS Specialist is expected to own the development and implementation of EHS programs (see detail below), as well as providing guidance related to employee health and safety to other entities within A123 Systems Waltham.
· Monitoring for noise levels, hazardous chemicals, electrical safety, etc., to ensure worker safety and compliance with industrial hygiene and safety regulations
· Assist in the implementation of emergency response plans, including evacuation plans, fire prevention plans and spill control plans
· Participate on the emergency response teams
· Participate-in job hazard analyses for R&D and manufacturing operations
• B.S. in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field with 2-4 years of experience in safety, preferably within a manufacturing and/or R&D environment; high emotional maturity and ambiguity tolerance expected
• A high degree of computer literacy: must be able to generate high quality: training or reporting presentations (Power Point) reports (Word), and spreadsheets (Excel) using Microsoft Office Products
• Strong knowledge of Massachusetts and Federal hazardous waste regulations and experience managing waste streams and vendors within the state of Massachusetts
• Desirable experience includes:
• Outstanding organizational, communication, and training skills
• Industrial hygiene and industrial safety training experience
• Experience with mechano-electrical safety, particularly lockout/tagout
• Familiarity with R&D laboratory as well as battery manufacturing and production facility practices, is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.