- Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC, USA
A-TEK, Inc. located in Tysons Corner, VA, is a small woman-owned business. A-TEK continues its commitment to solving global threats to the U.S. through science and secure technologies. A-TEK provides high end technology solutions, coupled with a leading edge scientific capability that supports our country’s national security and the intelligence mission of our customers.
The Program Manager (PM) is an experienced individual, chosen by senior management to fulfill the requirements of the PM labor category of a contract. PM serves as a liaison between A-TEK and the U.S. Government customer with respect to contract technical, cost and administrative matters, management decisions, and problems/issue resolution.
The PM plans and develops methods and procedures for implementing assigned programs, directs and coordinates Program activities and exercises control over personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of programs. The PM supervises the activities of the contract project/team leads (PLs) and the Project Teams. They are responsible for monitoring, controlling, and providing technical assistance to the project leads; reviewing and directing the daily activities of the project leads; and providing first level quality control of all contract deliverables.
They ensure the Project leads are accurately managing their task orders in terms of schedule and overall day to day performance. The PM assists the PLs with personnel leadership and management; provide guidance and motivation when required, direct temporary exchanges of personnel during workload surges, and transition staff during major workload changes.
The PM directly supervises the PLs and appraises their performance, reviews and endorses the Task Order Plans and TOEMs under their cognizance, as well as monitoring the performance of staff working on each contract, and generating the first draft of the employee annual performance appraisals utilizing input from the PL.
The PM is responsible for:
• Reviewing and accepting Task Order Plans and Task Order Establishment Memorandums for each designated contract/task order assigned;
• Endorsing and forwarding Task Order expenditures along with monthly reporting to the Directors and/or to other designated executives;
• Reviewing and forwarding deliverables to the designated internal A-TEK representative and government customer
• Has full responsibility for all cost, technical, schedule, performance requirements for all assigned contracts.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Project Management, Science, IT or other related field is preferred. . In lieu of a degree, 12 years of progressively more responsible experience leading government projects and programs.
· PMP Certification Required; ITIL certification is desired but not required
· 7 + years’ experience in project/program management
· Mid-senior level experience with managing government IT/Scientific projects.
· Strong program/project management capability that encompasses, cost, schedule and technical aspects of government programs.
A-TEK, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected Veteran status.