Customer Service Representative
- 2500 N Ritter Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46218, USA
A-1 Awards, Inc. is a family-owned and operated business based in Indianapolis, Indiana, specializing in the production of excellent, custom-designed awards for customers throughout the United States, Australia, Canada, and Mexico.
A-1 was established on April 25th, 1958, by a young Stephen Capper. With his family at his side, they embarked on a desire to provide customers with creative recognition. Building on their successes, the business has gone from selling ribbons for horse shows and state fairs on the family’s front porch, to traveling throughout the United States developing a wide base of customers, and to growing an online presence of beautifully creative awards that inspire our customers to celebrate their achievements.
The A-1 culture is a diverse environment that treats each of its team members like family and empowers each other to succeed. A-1 is a fun, collaborative and exciting place to grow.
A-1 is constantly growing and evolving in the custom-awards industry, launching new products every year to our customers. We are seeking a talented customer service representative to join our sales department in Indianapolis. This person will hit the ground running helping customers order awards that incorporate their custom artwork, themes and ideas into our quality line of products. The ideal candidate will be able to guide customers to the best products for their budgets and deadlines and will be able to maintain a positive and resilient attitude in a fast-paced environment. The customer service representative will play a pivotal role in providing our customers with excellent quality and service.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- taking in orders for products by phone, web, email and in-person
- maintaining existing customer accounts
- demonstrating a high level of product knowledge with customers
- maintaining responsive communications both internal and external
- coordinating orders with existing production lead times
- guaranteeing all work conforms to a high level of quality and is completed on-time
- reporting directly to the Chief Sales Officer
The ideal candidate will be:
- customer-service oriented and having the creative ability to up-sell/cross-sell when opportunities arise
- detail oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks, problem solve and deliver against tight deadlines
- able to develop and communicate new ideas
- energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented and eager to contribute/learn
- resilient under pressure and motivated to work ahead when not
Candidates must have the following:
- High School diploma or GED required
- strong verbal/written communication and presentation
- basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- ability to calculate order totals using quantities, prices, and percentages as well as materials consumed
- ability to review and edit material using critical thinking as well as correct grammar and spelling
- ability to work under pressure to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- high proficiency in typing
Additional consideration given for candidates with:
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- bilingual (Spanish/English) capabilities
A-1 offers competitive salaries and benefits, including medical coverage, health savings account, 401(k) with employer match plan, paid vacation, personal and sick leave, and annual company parties and outings.
Starting wage: $13/hr ($27K/year)