Security Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The Security team at Butterfly is building a comprehensive security program in order to protect our people, the data that has been entrusted to us by our customers and the systems that hold that data.
We work with different teams across the company to ensure that our security practices and controls are constantly improving as we embark on our mission to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone.
We are looking for a talented Security engineer who is familiar with techniques used by real world attackers against cloud-based, public-facing companies and is able to prioritize efforts based on this knowledge.
As part of our team, you will:
- Build automated solutions to secure our cloud environments (production and corporate) as we continue to scale (E.g SSO, SSH, IAM, secrets management, vulnerability management)
- Build security monitoring and incident response solutions to improve our ability to detect and respond to dynamic security threats
- Develop tools that integrate security into systems and process, enabling our employees to do their jobs better and more securely with minimal friction
- Contribute to enhancing our security culture by working cross functionally to communicate security industry trends, developments and emerging threats including sharing insights with the wider team
- 2-3+ years security focused DevOps, SRE or equivalent experience securing and automating a modern cloud environment at scale, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Proficiency with a variety of programming, scripting, and configuration languages
- Networking knowledge, including network security and segmentation
- Ability to communicate security concepts with a wide variety of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Highly Valued - We’re excited if you have this experience, but don’t worry if you don’t!
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Experience with highly regulated environments e.g Healthcare or Finance
- Experience designing and building custom tools and automation, such as CLIs and internal admin web apps
- Experience with service configuration management, deployment and continuous integration tools, such as Ansible, Jenkins, CircleCI, Terraform, and CloudFormation
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.