Head of Logistics
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Butterfly Network is looking for a seasoned strategic thinker and tactical team player willing to roll up their sleeves and lead our Logistics Operations efforts. It will require a mix of proactive analysis and strategic development, team-building, cross-functional leadership, and excellent project management. You'll collaborate closely with internal teams, particularly manufacturing, quality, customer support, account management, digital product, and merchandising teams to develop and manage an efficient, stable global 3PL network, transportation solution, inventory control and reverse logistics.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Evaluate, define and manage logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics companies, transportation providers and customers.
- Deliver solutions to logistics challenges while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements and performance criteria.
- Monitor and optimize 3PL performance, quality, SLA compliance, delivery times, transport costs and tariffs - and hold partners accountable to their committed deliverables.
- Assess logistics networks, and define and negotiate contracts, SLA’s terms and rates with transportation and logistics providers.
- Define and manage logistic KPI’s and report dashboards company-wide for strategic decision making.
- Assess current logistics processes and define opportunities for improvement with potential new facilities, and advise on cost, inventory and efficiency implications.
- Interpret trends and analyze and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organization to aid customer service and cost improvements.
- Ensure effective IT systems are in place, accurate and effectively maintained.
- 7+ years relevant experience with logistics, transportation, packaging, and global trade process and procedures in FDA/medical regulatory environments. Preferably in an ecommerce manufacturing environment.
- BA/BS degree in business administration, finance, data science or equivalent.
- Track record of leading logistics, driving process improvements in an entrepreneurial environment and ensuring compliance in a regulated industry.
- Experience modeling KPI and financial data for succinct, informative snapshots and recommendations for executive management.
- Impactful and clear executive-level communication.
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal logistics strategy and pricing models (air, parcel, ground, ocean, customs brokerage).
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker. Ability to prioritize multiple projects, develop effective plans, coordinate change management, assess risk and see projects through to conclusion.
- Ability to thrive in dynamic and ambiguous environments where thoughtfulness, an entrepreneurial mindset, persistent execution, and forming relationships will drive your success.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree.
- Strategy experience in consulting, finance or other strategic/analytical field, using analytical insight and employing thoughtful structures to solve problems and communicate solutions.
- Ability to value contracts and partnerships with limited input; comfort with varying business models.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.