Head of Product
- Guilford, CT, USA
Hyperfine Research (Hyperfine.io) is a well-funded, rapidly growing medical technology company founded in 2014 by Jonathan Rothberg, PhD. Today, 90% of the world population does not have access to MRI. Hyperfine is on a mission to bring MR technology to every patient anywhere, anytime, regardless of income or resources.
Hyperfine builds a breakthrough medical device that has never been built before - bridging cutting-edge electrical, mechanical and software engineering with artificial intelligence, thereby bringing down device costs, reducing device size, increasing usability. Hyperfine has a world-class team of physicists, engineers and scientists, whose focus is to build this innovative device that can save the lives of the ones we love and democratize medicine around the world.
If you have a background in MR, deep learning, electrical engineering, physics, or related fields, apply to join our interdisciplinary team of passionate, driven people based in Guilford, CT and NY, NY.
The Head of Product is the pivotal marketing role in any business. They drive the creation of solutions (integrated combination of products and services) from idea to market, from initial value proposition to realized price book entry.
The Head of Product is accountable for defining, launching and building profitable product solution platforms that transform healthcare from womb to tomb.
They work cross-functionally, and specifically with R&D, operations, service, finance and other marketing functions to ensure the products/solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands.
The Head of Product owns the product lifecycle from concept phase through development and launch and eventually, end of life. The Head of Product is required to have deep expertise in market segmentation, product strategy, competitive strategy, and product development.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of global customer needs, identify global market trends and drivers, and formulate and execute a strategic marketing plan;
- Act as a subject matter expert for Point of care MR systems, in the market segments of Emergency Medicine, Neuro Intensive Care , Neonatal Intensive care, Pediatrics, MSK/Pain Management and Podiatry;
- Deep understanding of the value chain of clinicians, hospital administrators and sonographers in one or more of the above markets;
- Working knowledge of all MR technologies, imaging systems and their application in th healthcare environment;
- Define MR product platforms, that support growth, product evolution, modular designs and broad capabilities;
- Define MR application packages and coils that support growth, product differentiation and best in class imaging performance;
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the payers and users worldwide, an in-depth clinical and technical knowledge of all products and services, and a thorough understanding of the global marketplace.
- Basic understanding of e-commerce capabilities and technologies.
- Create key marketing documents to enable successful development (i.e. Customer Insights, Value Propositions, Commercial Requirement Specifications, Business Cases, Market Validation Plans. Market Introduction Plans)
- Work across R&D, Services and Operations to develop integrated offerings that meet the needs of priority customer segments, tailored by market;
- Develop business cases for new products and services for consideration in the portfolio management process
- Obtain global customer requirements and product specifications via market research activities, market analysis, and on-going communication with global marketing and sales
- Conduct customer executive presentations, coordinated as part of sales campaigns with priority customers
- Own development of global new product/solution training content
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or engineering related discipline; MBA preferred
- 10+ years in marketing, product development or related field
- 3 years experience in marketing of digital solutions and technologies
- Experience in high-tech, healthcare/med-tech solutions businesses
- Demonstrated leadership in product development (taking products from conception to release), product management, and project management, required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing processes, strategic planning and budgeting
- Skilled in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into solutions; comfortable with making tradeoffs, decisively;
- Proven communication skills and ability to influence colleagues;
- Expertise delivering complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets;
- Demonstrable communication skills and ability to lead an organization to develop market leading products/solutions;
- High-tech product launch experience (clinical experience a nice to have);
- Fluent in hardware and software product development, including quality and reliability techniques;
We provide visa assistance for non-U.S. applicants
Our competitive compensation plan includes salary, stock options and outstanding benefits.
4Catalyzer, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
4Catalyzer, Inc. does not accept agency resumes.