Application & Integration Engineer
- Guilford, CT, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are seeing an Application and Integration Engineer to join the Transducer team in Guilford CT. As a multidisciplinary team, we are looking for individuals with a diverse engineering background that can work in teams as well as independently. Projects would vary from designing, programming, and integrating custom test equipment to setting up automated database infrastructure with corresponding data analysis. Rapid prototyping on site will be a necessity. (solid modeling, CNC, 3D printing, custom PCB SMT, CO2 laser cut plastics, molding and casting)
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design, develop, fabricate, validate, electro-mechanical systems
- Develop test code and visualize results as needed
- Manage incoming returned transducer modules (tracking for FA/disposal as needed)
- Support in house equipment builds (functional test equipment, packing tools etc.)
- BS in ME or EE with minor in corresponding EE/ME
- CAD: Solidworks or AutoCAD
- Programming:Python, C++, (LabVIEW optional)
- Electrical: Soldering/wiring
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Mandarin as a second language
- PCB layout/design/SMT
- Familiarity with: Git, BigQuery, Tableau
- CNC programming (Mastercam or equivalent)
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.