Digital Verification Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The role of the Digital Verification Engineer offers the opportunity to work within the heart of the product development team and founders and to own the core of what will set Butterfly Network apart.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Implement sophisticated, software-driven ASIC verification environments, tools, and models to validate the functionality of a complex custom ASIC design.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 4+ years of ASIC (preferred) or FPGA design, verification, and implementation.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Expert in Python, C/C++, or similar programming languages.
- Familiar with computer architecture, embedded systems, and electronics.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment and using version control (e.g., SVN, Git, or Mercurial).
- Must be organized and self-motivated, able to turn abstract ideas into concrete designs.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience with EDA tools such as digital simulation, synthesis, and place and route.
- System Verilog verification with UVM, including constrained random verification, functional coverage and assertions.
- Experience developing hardware extraction layers for complex systems.
- Understanding of digital signal processing algorithms or other mathematical algorithms.
- Numeric programming with NumPy or Matlab.
- C/C++ on embedded processors running bare-metal, an RTOS, or Linux.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.