Principal Geophysics Imaging Scientist
- Guilford, CT, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Are you the world’s leading expert in geophysics imaging and exploration? Have you developed the algorithms that are being used in day-to-day operations leading to the identification and characterization of subsurface structures and processes? Have you ever consider applying your techniques to the use of ultrasound to scan the human body? Are you the person that will revolutionize the ultrasound market by providing significant improvements in diagnostic image quality? Are you open to making the trade-offs necessary so that your algorithms can be accelerated to run real-time on an iPhone?
As a Principal Scientist and member of the Imaging Team at Butterfly Network, you will lead the charge to revolutionize ultrasound imaging.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Work with our customers and our Clinical team to understand real clinical issues with diagnostic ultrasound, and armed with that information, leverage your knowledge of geophysics exploration to develop new ultrasound beamforming methods for our platform.
- Work with your R&D colleagues on the ASIC, Software, Hardware, and Deep Learning teams on how to best take advantage of our hardware and software architecture required to support your new imaging modalities.
- Fundamental knowledge of all coherent, adaptive, and non-linear beamforming methods used in geophysics oil exploration
- Industry experience in oil exploration or similar (10+ years)
- Exceptional modeling skills using either Python or Matlab
- Exceptional Mathematical, Signal and Image Processing Skills
- Solid project leadership skills, with the ability to coordinate the activities of colleagues
- Solid software skills, ideally in the areas of C++, GPU/Cuda programming
- Solid understanding of the tradeoffs necessary to accelerate your algorithms to support real-time (10+ Hz frame rate) imaging
- M.S. (PhD preferred) in Geophysics or similar
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Solid understanding of beamforming, diffraction, synthetic aperture fundamentals
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.