Software Infrastructure Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Butterfly Network is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Software Infrastructure Engineering team. The Software Engineering Infrastructure team builds important tools that ignite engineering productivity and enable engineers to work effectively to build a full-stack hardware and software system. By working on Software Infrastructure, you will in effect be a force-multiplier, producing impact orders of magnitude greater than you could as an individual contributor. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for learning new skills, understanding and refining complex systems, and supporting our customers, i.e. your new friends, the brilliant engineers of Butterfly! This position is full-time and is based in New York, NY.
If it interests you, we build all of our mobile and device software in a monolithic repository, using Bazel!
- As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Building elegant solutions to common engineering problems.
- Building tools to improve speed of iteration and code quality.
- Encouraging best practices throughout software development.
- Speeding up the software development lifecycle by automating manual tasks and encouraging best practices through effective tooling.
- Using data-driven approaches to solve the most pressing and important software engineering issues.
- Using the best modern tools for the job, including Bazel, Ansible, Buildkite, BigQuery, Tableau, and more.
- Supporting engineering needs related to continuous integration and build systems.
- You are excited about learning new technologies and helping people achieve great things.
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience working in a product-driven environment.
- You are experienced with Python and/or shell scripting.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience with iOS, Android, C++, web, or backend development.
- Deep knowledge of Mac or Linux system administration.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.