Full Stack Technical Lead
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Our HIPAA-compliant cloud is the key to Butterfly's service model - enabling users to store, collaborate, analyze, and educate. The cloud team is looking for an experienced Technical Lead to take ownership of business problems, shape ideas into system designs and lead developers through execution.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design and build modern solutions using the best technologies available, informed by a deep understanding of cloud architecture and how distributed systems operate at scale.
- As your impact broadens, you will hire, mentor, and lead other engineers to achieve our goals. These efforts will help grow both our team and our cloud platform to bring new classes of services to life - for use everywhere, from the hospital to the home.
- 5+ years of experience designing and building modern back-end cloud systems, especially using Python, Node.js or Ruby and web app frameworks such as Django or Rails to implement RESTful services
- A track record of owning business problems and leading developers to deliver effective solutions in a modern, cloud-based architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Designing elastic and resilient distributed systems in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- GraphQL and related frameworks e.g. Relay, Apollo and URQL
- Containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS
- Web apps with live updates - pub/sub solutions (such as Redis), WebSockets
- SQL (especially modern versions of PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- HIPAA, PHI and PII compliance
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.