Senior Software Engineer - Hardware Test Automation
- Guilford, CT, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are seeking a talented, hands-on problem-solver to join our world-class team. The ideal candidate is passionate about building rock-solid software and collaborating with hardware engineers (EE and ME) to come up with solutions for hardware test automation.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design and maintain software tools and systems for hardware test automation. These tools will bridge the gap between many domains, such as: new product introduction, manufacturing operations, reliability testing, and continuous integration that involves hardware.
- Passion for creating modern, efficient, elegant, and scalable code
- Experience in collaborating in a cross-functional team
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and software architecture
- Appreciation for the benefits of continuous integration
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of Python software development
- Good knowledge of C++
- 5+ years of experience creating and testing software systems that interact with hardware
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience in writing mobile applications (iOS, Android, React Native or others) is a plus
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.