Cloud DevOps Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We're building a world-class DevOps team to deploy, manage, and support the cloud infrastructure we need to scale our manufacturing and HIPAA-compliant Cloud, create the world's largest medical image database, and develop innovative Deep Learning models to change the face of healthcare. We are looking for a talented engineer with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) or DevOps Engineering experience, a deep understanding of systems architecture, and knowledge of how applications interact with systems at scale.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Engineer and automate our cloud environments for security, reliability and scale.
- Build monitoring and observability solutions to ensure overall system health
- Use the best modern tools for the job, including Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Splunk, New Relic, and BigQuery
- Design and optimize robust CI/CD pipelines for Cloud and Mobile apps, Deep Learning workflows, and data pipelines
- Write new code and contribute to open source projects
- 2+ years SRE, DevOps or equivalent experience engineering and automating a modern cloud environment at scale, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Proficiency with a variety of programming, scripting, and configuration languages
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience designing and building custom tools and automation, such as CLIs and internal admin web apps
- Experience with service configuration management, deployment and continuous integration tools, such as Ansible, Jenkins, CircleCI, Terraform, and CloudFormation
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience designing for observability, utilizing modern monitoring, logging, and metrics tools
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.