Clinical Validation Engineer
- Guilford, CT, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The Clinical Validation Engineer is expected to initiate, run, and support software and product Integration testing and Validation efforts through development and product lifecycle. The Clinical Validation Engineer will work closely with Ultrasound Engineering (Imaging), Systems Engineering, Software, Deep Learning, usability, and clinical to participate in validating design outputs, with opportunities for supporting design inputs. The Clinical Validation Engineer may assist in providing clinical support to product development teams in areas of product definition, product assessment, and product development.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Define, document, and execute Validation tests including maintaining traceability to requirements.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and distributing reports promptly and timely to support product development timelines.
- Participate in system life cycle and software integration testing.
- Work with clinical specialists, software, integration team and systems engineering to take part in validating design outputs.
- Participate in reviews and improvement of requirements, design documents, and overall process.
- Responsible for creating and having input to specific documentation, i.e., Product Requirements Definition, Validation Plan and Validation Report.
- Accountable for carrying out the requirements of Butterfly Networks quality procedures.
- Provide clinical support and input cross-functionally to the design and development process as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of R&D experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience utilizing Ultrasound Medical Imaging and Medical Technologies in diverse clinical environments with a firm understanding of product attributes that lead to a positive User and Patient outcomes.
- ARDMS certified
- At least (5) five years’ experience in diagnostic ultrasound, current (RDCS and/or RDMS).
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand both the clinical and business needs of the customer and Butterfly Network respectively.
- Ability to translate customer needs into clear product requirements for R&D.
- Ability to think about the application of diagnostic ultrasound in non-traditional ways.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Bachelor degree in Biomedical or Ultrasound preferred.
- Multiple registries in RDCS/RDMS/etc.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.