Sr. Informatics Architect
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Informatics Architects play a key role in pre-sales processes and post-sale implementation with large enterprise (primarily health systems) around the world. This role includes the ability to discuss clinical workflow in various hospital departments (i.e. Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Anesthesiology, Primary Care) and provide detailed technical requirements to customer IT and Security teams. Must have an attention to detail for reviewing legal and technical agreements. Works closely with internal teams such as Sales, Product, Legal and Information Security on finalizing customer agreements.
This is an incredible opportunity to have an immediate impact at a hyper growth health tech company. You’ll be exposed to Company leadership and the executives and top clinicians at top healthcare organizations.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Pre-sales engineering & support
- Security overviews, product demos, customer visits, enterprise POCUS discussions
- Educate IT customers on our Cloud platform and security measures (SOC II, Pen. testing, encryption, etc.)
- Support workflow demonstrations in conjunction with Sales team activities.
- Data flow, workflow, implementation and security expertise
- Customer IT Security documents/questionnaires for IT project and sales approval, as needed
- Shared responsibility with Informatics Solutions Architect and Medical Informatics Manager
- Customer IT Security documents, escalated Support tickets and customer events.
- Customer discovery/overview and demo calls/meetings.
- Pre-sales engineering & support
- Customer onboarding and contracting
- BAA/MSAs: Work with Legal and customers on approvals.
- New vendor registrations - Collaboration with Support and Finance teams.
- ISAs: Work with Legal and Information Security teams on approvals.
- Hand-off to Post-Sales Installation support
- Provide pre-sales info for post-sales implementation project management
- Work with Sales, customer stakeholders, IT/Security, Project Managers and administrators to ensure smooth handoffs to implementation.
- Identify all potential steps customers will need to complete during implementation - DICOM, SSO, MDM, EMR integration, etc.
- Provides Tier 2 and 3 support for escalated tickets, Sales and Clinical team requests.
- Contributes to building customer-facing material for integrations and data solutions.
- Interfaces with Engineering to provide real-world feedback from the field (Voice of Customer) to be implemented in device enhancements or new product development.
- Reporting to the Medical Informatics Manager
- Located in the Eastern Time Zone
- Provides Informatics support for customers, Sales, Clinical and Marketing.
- 80% supporting Core Sales on pre-sales engineering
- 20% working with Product and Support teams
- Tier 2/3 tech support and sales support
- Includes creating processes and documentation for both internal and external customers.
- 25% travel including trade shows, trips to headquarters and customer visits
- Bachelors degree required
- 2-5 years of experience in Medical Informatics, or Healthcare Project Management
- Expert knowledge of interoperability between medical devices and healthcare IT.
- Familiarity with DICOM, PACS, HL7, EMR and Medical Imaging Devices
- Ability to perform excellent demonstrations of the Butterfly iQ device and ecosystem
- Humble, hungry, smart and curious
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.