Manual QA Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
This is a cross-functional role. This person will write test scripts based on feature descriptions, write complete test plans, execute them, document the issues encountered. He/she will help maintain the traceability matrix between Risks+Clinical requirements to functional requirements to tests to finally test execution proof.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Analyze, design and develop tests and potentially test-automation suites for iOS apps and for the Web.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of all the test plans, adapts to quick development cycles and constantly updates them to include customer feedback and new use cases.
- Maintain a traceability matrix to ensure all the safety-related features are fully tested for every release and new feature requirements appropriately covered.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Knowledge of the full software development cycle
- To-the-point communication skills to work effectively in an Agile-like environment.
- Hands-on experience with Jira, Confluence, XRay or any Test Suite software with requirements traceability.
- Knows the risk-based test driven methodology.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- IEC 62304
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.