Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Guilford, CT, USA
Hyperfine Research (a 4Catalyzer Company) is a well-funded, rapidly growing medical technology company founded in 2014 by Jonathan Rothberg, PhD. Today, 90% of the world population does not have access to MRI. Hyperfine is on a mission to bring MR technology to every patient anywhere, anytime, regardless of income or resources.
Hyperfine builds a breakthrough medical device that has never been built before - bridging cutting-edge electrical, mechanical and software engineering with artificial intelligence, thereby bringing down device costs, reducing device size, increasing usability. Hyperfine has a world-class team of physicists, engineers and scientists, whose focus is to build this innovative device that can save the lives of the ones we love and democratize medicine around the world.
If you have a background in MR, deep learning, electrical engineering, physics, or related fields, apply to join our interdisciplinary team of passionate, driven people based in Guilford, CT and NY, NY.
This position is for a degreed Senior Mechanical Engineer with the ability to generate innovative mechanical concepts and develop new products from concept through production. Leadership, attention to detail, organization, and technical knowledge in a broad set of design disciplines are key attributes of the preferred candidate.
- Bachelor Degree (Masters and PhD preferred) in Mechanical Engineering with 8-10 years of experience
- Experience with new product development
- Medical Product Design experience preferred
- Manage multiple tasks to ensure timely fulfillment of project objectives and deliverables
- Collaborate in the fabrication of mock-ups and prototypes for testing / evaluation utilizing a variety of techniques including SLA, FDM, SLS, sheet metal & machining
- Communicate status of all responsible projects both in writing and verbally
- Working knowledge of mechanism & product design using injection molding, casting, machining and sheet metal parts that meet functional requirements and are suited for mass production
- Top references showing the candidate is a strong performer with a proven track record
Typical Tools, Technologies
- Standard solid modeling CAD package such as SolidWorks or ProE.
- 3D models for sheet metal, machining, casting, injection molding
- Experiences with Mechanisms & large assemblies
- Part and assembly drawings with functional tolerances & detailing for prototypes and production
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with ASME Y14.5M
- Standard FEA software such as SolidWorks Simulation, and/or ANSYS
- Manufacturing and/or test fixture design experience a plus
- Familiarity and knowledge with medical grade systems per IEC 60601.
- ISO13485, Quality System Regulation 21 CFR 820, ISO10993. Risk management and FMEA analysis
In addition to working with colleagues and advisors who are the best and brightest in their fields, we offer great perks:
- Full funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Beautiful office near the oceanfront in historic Guilford, CT
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
We provide visa assistance for non-U.S. applicants
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.4Catalyzer is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.