ASIC Characterization Engineer
- Guilford, CT, United States
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As we grow we’re looking for an experienced Characterization Engineer to scale and automate our ASIC and debugging functions. This person would own the characterization for our ASIC chips.
- Deep experience with Analog Characterization, ADC, and amplifiers.
- Strong data analysis and signal processing skills
- Experience using and controlling (via software) bench top test equipment (probe stations, scopes, function generators, Network analyzers, power supplies).
- Knowledge of analog circuits (I.e. understanding ADC functionality and performance, common amplifier metrics)
- BSEE or higher
- ATE (testers/probers/handlers) programming experience in a production environment.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Strong Python programming skills
- Software Tools: data analysis (Pandas, R, JMP), database (PostgreSQL, ORM) revision control (git, github, svn), bug tracker tools (jira), wikis (confluence), Linux
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.