- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced data scientist to drive data-driven strategy and product decisions. You will be responsible for extracting actionable insights from the usage of our mobile, web and e-commerce apps as well from sales, marketing and manufacturing datasets. The ideal candidate will have experience understanding levers to improve engagement with SaaS products and with boosting conversion for e-commerce flows. The role is anticipated to grow quickly with the company’s success allowing the candidate to build a world-class team.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Model lead and customer behavior to direct marketing and sales strategy, e.g. customer segmentation, predict Net Promoter Score, identification of potential churn risk and upsell opportunities.
- Analyze e-commerce data to identify opportunities to improve conversion. Run A/B testing to test hypotheses and optimize e-commerce platform
- Provide data to inform cloud and mobile app product roadmap. Segment users, design and surface key metrics (e.g user retention), analyze feature usage, identify associations between mobile and web usage,
- Identify opportunities to improve customer support. Alert on emergent reliability issues based on support interactions, cluster patterns of failure e.g. using NLP, work with manufacturing team to predict issues based on self-test data
- Build dashboards and presentations to surface insights to leadership
- Make data accessible to the company as a whole with self-service tools and training
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a quantitative field
- 3 + years of data science experience
- Knowledge of statistics including hypothesis testing
- Knowledge of supervised and unsupervised ML techniques for data science: clustering, association-rule mining, prediction, anomaly detection
- Deep experience with Python data science ecosystem: pandas, numpy, scipy, Jupyter Notebooks/Labs
- Advanced SQL user
- Able to create compelling data visualizations, using Tableau or similar tooling
- Able to manage projects with technical and non-technical stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of data model for source operational systems beneficial (Netsuite, Salesforce, Zendesk)
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Knowledge of Git, Airflow and Google Cloud Platform tools
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.