Regional Head of Sales
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The Australian Sales Manager will be a critical member of the Butterfly Commercial organization and will lead sales efforts across the region. This function will drive both our B2B (Hospital, Clinical, offices) and our B2C (individuals, online) sales. This person will build a lean cross functional team to cover and run the business, likely consisting of 1-2 sales reps, 1 clinical applications/marketing person and a dedicated customer support person.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Farm: Establish sales in traditional (Handheld) ultrasound markets. Leverage one’s understanding of standard medical device capital equipment sale to drive adoption, while overcoming any barriers associated with the added-on complexity of a cloud-based SaaS subscription.
- Hunt: Develop and grow sales in new-use environments like Paramedicine, Elderly, Field medicine, and In-Home. Even handheld ultrasound is a new concept in established imaging markets like hospitals, clinics, and offices.
- Tender Management:
- Management of Bids, proposal, spec review, presentation, and negotiations.
- Compete and win business within the NHS system and key institutional tenders.
- This includes management of key demos, presentation, clinical evaluations, etc
- Advisor Sales:
- Present and sell the (disruptive) vision on personal handheld ultrasound within your region.
- Introduce new concept of whole body imaging, connected, cloud-based workflows, and low-cost ultrasound for less-trained users to the healthcare enterprise.
- Independence/ Entrepreneurial Spirit:
- Ability to sell with minimal (in-region) marketing and support resources. May require the individual to perform and manage their own product demos and training, support their own tradeshows and events, and manage key customer issues until we onboard a larger team in region.
- Maintain and grow:
- Build, scale and manage our business in support of the overall commercial plan within the region
- Quota attainment and sales to identified corporate goals
- Strategic Account Strategy (for every target account) through:
- Developing a deep understanding of customer needs at the enterprise (hospital, department) level as well as at the end-user level
- Research target opportunities, generate account leads and develop long term objectives for success at each account
- Build a sales plan which helps us gain as much traction as possible in the first year with end goal to set us up for significant ramp-up in second year (end goals to be defined on an ongoing basis given early stage).
- Second year onwards - define specific sales plan to achieve target quota for region
- Pipeline Management
- Build and maintain your funnel consistently in CRM software
- Exceed Revenue, Scorecard and Consumption targets
- Accurately forecast sales funnel using metrics to achieve goals
- Execute on account strategy by identifying and assigning specific tasks within CRM
- Ensure consistent movement on deal plan and hold yourself accountable for moving towards closing deals
- Constantly evaluate, identify and execute on opportunities for upsells within existing accounts (e.g., departments)
- Standard Reporting
- Maintain daily updates of sales activity in CRM (Salesforce.com) including calls, emails, demos, and on-site meetings.
- Weekly meeting with supervisor
- Maintain and present monthly review of region including key deals, win/loss analysis, product feedback, key blockers, competitive intelligence, pricing/discount reviews, gap to plan.
- Ensure timely visibility into all internal stakeholders on account activities as well as highlight areas of concern where help is needed to push deals through
- Market Analysis / Product Feedback
- Providing input through market analysis for the development/execution of strategies and action plans to drive U/S sales
- Consult with Marketing and Product team in positioning device appropriately to win in key account segments:
- Provide market feedback to inform Product Marketing team’s viewpoint on segmentation, positioning and messaging, value prop development
- Partner with the Product team to inform field-based intelligence around device needs / requirements
- Provide competitive intelligence (features, positioning, pricing
- KOL/Thought Leadership:
- Create and maintain a relationship map of key influencers and decision makers in the relevant business and plan for multi-level selling across them (leveraging other individuals from the Sales, Marketing, Medical and Product teams)
- Demo / Clinical / Informatics
- Be able to demo ultrasound scanning on the Butterfly Network device to a reasonable degree of proficiency.
- Deliver product training to customers on equipment use.
- Partner with medical team in upskilling yourself to ensure autonomy in the field
- Learn the concept of cloud-based connected workflow and it’s value to the customer.
- Personal Development
- Own your own performance and development:
- Constantly invest in expanding your knowledge of the broader ultrasound market as well as the healthcare ecosystem
- Hold yourself accountable for consistently leveraging expertise within the team as well as proactively sharing your own knowledge / insights.
- 10+ years of regional level, highly transactional capital equipment sales experience building territories/sales teams from scratch within Medical Device industry
- Experience with dual SW & HW Device experience highly desired.
- Growth Leader/ Business Development
- Proven experience developing new business.
- Proven ability as driver in high growth (>20% yoy)
- Top Performance:
- Demonstrated top performance (<10%) amongst peers.
- Demonstrated consistent growth in region.
- Prior success in winning large enterprise/Tender deals
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written skills - with executive presence and experience in handling C-Suite discussions and relationships
- Willingness to travel 75% within your specific geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business need
- Proficient communication skills allowing for confident representation of the high value, product quality and diverse capabilities
- Team oriented mentality to collaborate and assist Field sales with remote selling and proper escalation for strategic sales
- Proven experience with data-driven decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to coach team to successfully drive sales over phone, email, video and modern demonstration tools
- Ability to identify the key aspects of a potential opportunity, nurture the opportunity to close, engage channel partners as needed and manage the customer relationship through success
- Must be proficient in using Salesforce CRM or other CRM.
- Familiarity with other Business/Analytical tools: Tableau, Powerpoint, PowerBI, Excel.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Ultrasound/Diagnostic Imaging and POCUS experience
- Experience selling SaaS or cloud-based enterprise SW preferred
- Marketing automation tools like Marketo & Pardot
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.