Software Engineering Internship
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
You’ll join one of Butterfly’s software engineering teams for a paid 12-14 week internship that offers hands-on experience with an organization actively changing the face of medicine. You’ll be paired with a summer mentor who will help you get on-boarded, develop your summer project(s) and will help guide your professional development throughout the internship. Butterfly interns will be placed into one of a variety of teams including Cloud, iOS, Android, Embedded, and Deep Learning.
As part of our team, some example projects include:
- Speeding up real-time, machine learning models on mobile platforms
- Building infrastructure to securely connect our cloud to hospital systems
- Adding features to our cloud-based remote video guidance platform
- Working on Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related undergraduate or graduate degree
- Interns: Graduating between December 2020 - June 2022
- Full Time: Graduating between December 2019 - June 2020 Experience programming in one of: Python, Kotlin, Java, Swift, Objective-C, C++
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Designing elastic and resilient distributed systems in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS
- SQL (especially modern versions of PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- A solid understanding of Foundation, UIKit, and Core Graphics
- Experience training machine learning models with TensorFlow or TensorFlow Lite
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.