ASIC Test Engineer
- 530 Whitfield St, Guilford, CT 06437, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million.
As we scale our team, we are seeking the best and the brightest engineers, across both the software and hardware worlds.
The ASIC Test Engineer is a key member of Butterfly’s semiconductor product team, including characterization, test, product and packaging engineers. The individual will work closely with the ASIC and sensor design teams, as well as the imaging, product and operations teams. The focus of this position is to develop excellent test hardware and programs into external production test houses, while building up our on-site test capabilities. This is a hands-on role, requiring great flexibility and initiative to deliver on our aggressive product roadmap. Our chips are complex and require creative testing, using excellent, modern coding practices to develop, deploy and maintain the test systems. The test engineer will collect and analysis yield data from their programs to drive our yields up to meet our gross margin targets. The candidate will have ample opportunity to explore other cross-disciplinary challenges as they interact with the integration, ASIC, systems, and imaging teams.
What You Will Do
* Use a wide range of ATE (testers, probers, bench instruments)
* Develop test hardware such probe cards and load boards
* Write tests for circuits and sensors, using a common code base for both wafer and package test
* Deliver modern APIs in scripting languages to interact with test equipment
* Collect, analyze and export yield info and address yield problems.
* Strong data analysis skills for yield reporting and improvement
* Qualify and release in-house developed code into production (local and off-shore test houses)
* Apply problem solving skills to the wide variety of issues that occur at startup bio-tech companies
*Several years experience
*Experience with National Insturments STS, NI-Digital PXI, TestStand and NI ecosystem a strong plus
*Test code development (ATPG, vectors, JTAG, BIST, parametric, register read/write,
*Tester hardware (test machines, interface PCBS, sockets, probe cards, signal integrity)
*Working knowledge of semiconductor circuits, (analog ADC/DACs, digital, signal integrity over
*Programming: C, python (MATLAB ok), C#
*Software tools: data analysis (Pandas, R, JMP), database (PostgreSQL, ORM) revision control
(git, github, svn), bug tracker tools (jira), wikis (confluence), Linux
*ATE (testers/probers/handlers) programming experience in a production environment.
*Experience qualifying testers and test programs for release at test houses.
*Experience with wafer foundries as a production supplier
We offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The chance to help improve the healthcare and save millions of lives!
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Butterfly Network does not accept agency resumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.