Digital ASIC Designer
- Palo Alto, CA, United States
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The role of the Digital ASIC Designer offers the opportunity to work within the heart of the product development team and founders and to own the core of what will set Butterfly Network apart.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Design, implement, and verify digital signal processing, high speed interface, and system-on-a-chip logic for a suite of next-generation products
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 4+ years of ASIC (preferred) or FPGA design, verification, and implementation.
- Expert in SystemVerilog for design.
- Experience with EDA tools such as functional simulation, synthesis, test insertion, static timing analysis, place-and-route, and clock tree synthesis.
- Experience with system-on-a-chip design, including embedded microprocessors (e.g., ARM, Tensilica, Nios, MIPS), on-chip memories, and bus architectures.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment and using version control (e.g., SVN, Git, or Mercurial).
- Familiar with Python, TCL, make, or other common scripting languages.
- Must be organized and self-motivated, able to turn abstract ideas into concrete designs.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- System Verilog verification with UVM, including constrained random verification, functional coverage and assertions.
- Selecting and integrating complex 3rd party IP cores, such as PCI Express, USB, DDR-SDRAM, or 10G Ethernet.
- Advanced CMOS process technology 45 nm or smaller.
- High speed I/O such as multi-gigabit SerDes or DDR-SDRAM.
- Integration with analog IP such as ADCs and PLLs.
- Low-power design practices.
- Implementation of digital signal processing algorithms.
- Numeric programming with NumPy or Matlab.
- C/C++ on embedded processors running bare-metal, an RTOS, or Linux.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.