Physical ASIC Design Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Butterfly Network has created and brought to market the Butterfly IQ – the first FDA-cleared, portable device that puts ultrasound technology on a semiconductor chip. Pairing ultrasound-on-a-chip with the cloud and AI, we are doing something never done before, and bringing ultrasound to new domains around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million.
As we scale our team, we are seeking the best and the brightest engineers, across both the software and hardware worlds.
The role of the Digital ASIC Designer offers the opportunity to work within the heart of the product development team and founders and to own the core of what will set Butterfly Network apart. This individual will design, implement, and verify digital signal processing, high speed interface, and system-on-a-chip logic for a suite of next-generation products.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of ASIC design, verification, and implementation.
- Expert in modern EDA tools for synthesis, test insertion, static timing analysis, place-and-route, clock tree synthesis, and low power design in advanced nodes.
- Experience with system-on-a-chip design, including embedded microprocessors, peripherals, on-chip memories, and bus architectures.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment and using version control (e.g., SVN, Git, or Mercurial).
- Familiar with Python, TCL, make, and other common scripting languages.
- Must be organized and self-motivated, able to turn abstract ideas into concrete designs.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Expert in SystemVerilog for design.
- Selecting and integrating complex 3rd party IP cores, such as PCI Express, USB, DDR-SDRAM, or 10G Ethernet.
- Advanced CMOS process technology 45 nm or smaller.
- High speed I/O such as multi-gigabit SerDes or DDR-SDRAM.
- Integration with analog IP such as ADCs and PLLs.
- Low-power design practices.
- Implementation of digital signal processing algorithms.
- Numeric programming with NumPy or Matlab.
- C/C++ on embedded processors running bare-metal, an RTOS, or Linux.
We offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The chance to help improve the healthcare and save millions of lives!
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Butterfly Network does not accept agency resumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.