- New York, NY, United States
Hyperfine (a 4Catalyzer Company) is a well-funded, rapidly growing medical technology company founded in 2014 by Jonathan Rothberg, PhD. Today, 90% of the world population does not have access to MRI. Hyperfine is on a mission to bring MR technology to every patient anywhere, anytime, regardless of income or resources.
Hyperfine builds a breakthrough medical device that has never been built before -
bridging cutting-edge electrical, mechanical and software engineering with artificial
intelligence, thereby bringing down device costs, reducing device size, increasing
usability. Hyperfine has a world-class team of physicists, engineers and scientists,
whose focus is to build this innovative device that can save the lives of the ones we love
and democratize medicine around the world.
If you have a background in MR, deep learning, electrical engineering, physics, or
related fields, apply to join our interdisciplinary team of passionate, driven people based
in Guilford, CT, NY, NY, or remotely.
- Serve as a clinical and scientific representative and provide medical device clinical evaluation knowledge, scientific and medical expertise, analytical thinking, and medical/technical writing throughout product life-cycle management.
- Coordinate content development with multi-discipline subject matter and from a variety of product data sources including clinical, post-market complaints, legal and medical/scientific literature.
- Participate as the scientific and clinical representative in cross-functional teams to provide strategic guidance on regulatory requirements and review key patient safety product issues.
- Participate in and support audits and responses to audit findings as appropriate, in updating risk management activities, effectiveness monitoring, and other quality metrics.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of internal processes for safety assessments and surveillance, complaint analysis, and benefit-risk assessments across product platforms.
- Manage both internal & external resources to develop and test new MR techniques.
- Influence the design and implementation of research / development projects in a way consistent with international standards in the interest of Hyperfine and our collaboration partners.
- Manage the collaboration process from, project design, project implementation, completion of data collection, storage and presentation and final closure of the projects for external collaborations.
- Prepare scientific papers together with collaboration partners to ensure the work has impact in the clinical, scientific, and academic communities.
- Link customers and research collaborators with Hyperfine’s internal groups, including, research & development, product development teams, collaboration teams, and marketing.
- Be the expert specialist on an assigned clinical application area.
- Develop and maintain clinical roadmaps.
- Assist during in-house testing of prototype hardware and software including creation and modification of customer/marketing requirements, product requirements, instructions for use, risk mitigations, verification and validation procedures, and product reworks.
- Support data and evidence collection for submission to regulatory bodies such as FDA and other similar international agencies.
- Provide first-line helpdesk support from collaborator sites.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with various departments, including Legal Affairs, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Research & Development, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service.
- Foster successful teamwork and adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrate strong oral, written and communication skills and a strong attention to details with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to understand, review and communicate complex technical concepts and technologies.
- Excellent communication across all levels of the organization and the ability to develop a rapport with indirect or functional leaders to influence decision-making, facilitating change management.
- Drive change, challenges the status quo and makes recommendations for improvements to processes.
- Previous research experience in medical imaging, preferably in MRI.
- Master of Science Degree or higher (preferably Ph.D.) in a technical discipline such as biomedical engineering, medical physics, or similar scientific, technical, or engineering field.
- Hands-on experience with MRI equipment.
- Basic medical knowledge and interest to develop further medical knowledge.
- Substantial experience with software development, design of MR sequences, image reconstruction, and image post processing.
- Ability and interest to motivate and guide collaboration partners through the process of research projects.
- Capability to communicate effectively with customers, colleagues and the medical community about the research work.
- Ability to both work independently and maintain good contact with an international collaboration team.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to create new and innovative solutions, establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in different roles / levels and physical locations are critical.
- Experience in publishing and presenting scientific work to the medical community, especially experience in writing scientific papers for international journals. A good track record of peer reviewed publications is desired.
- The ability and willingness to travel west of the Mississippi River (e.g. California & Upper Midwest) to support sites.
We offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The chance to help improve the healthcare and save millions of lives!
Hyperfine Research is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Hyperfine Research does not accept agency resumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.