Machine Learning Engineering Intern
- New York, NY, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Building “intelligence” into our software is the responsibility of the Deep Learning Team.
We’ve built a strong research team and are looking for talented Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Research Scientist interns. This role is best suited for engineers interested in learning about machine learning and building components of high-impact, life-saving systems.
Each internship will involve working alongside other research scientists, software engineers and a world-class clinical team to help develop a new suite of “intelligent” medical products.
As part of our team, some example core responsibilities will be:
- Designing Algorithms for interpretation of machine learning models.
- Real-time analytics systems that monitor the performance of models and annotations.
- Optimizing speed and size of neural networks on mobile devices
- Next generation distributed infrastructure for training machine learning models.
- Working on CS undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Familiarity with engineering best practices and design patterns.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Working on MS or Phd in computer vision, data science or machine learning.
- Experience with machine learning infrastructure or models.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.