ASIC Test Engineer
- 530 Whitfield St, Guilford, CT 06437, USA
Butterfly Network is reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip. Our mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The ASIC Test Engineer is a key member of Butterfly’s semiconductor product team, including characterization, test, product and packaging engineers. The individual will work closely with the ASIC and sensor design teams, as well as the imaging, product and operations teams. The focus of this position is to develop excellent test hardware and programs into external production test houses, while building up our on-site test capabilities. This is a hands-on role, requiring great flexibility and initiative to deliver on our aggressive product roadmap. Our chips are complex and require creative testing, using excellent, modern coding practices to develop, deploy and maintain the test systems. The test engineer will collect and analysis yield data from their programs to drive our yields up to meet our gross margin targets. The candidate will have ample opportunity to explore other cross-disciplinary challenges as they interact with the integration, ASIC, systems, and imaging teams.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Use a wide range of ATE (testers, probers, bench instruments)
- Develop test hardware such probe cards and load boards
- Write tests for circuits and sensors, using a common code base for both wafer and package test
- Deliver modern APIs in scripting languages to interact with test equipment
- Collect, analyze and export yield info and address yield problems.
- Strong data analysis skills for yield reporting and improvement
- Qualify and release in-house developed code into production (local and off-shore test houses)
- Apply problem solving skills to the wide variety of issues that occur at startup bio-tech companies
- Several years experience
- Experience with National Insturments STS, NI-Digital PXI, TestStand and NI ecosystem a strong plus
- Test code development (ATPG, vectors, JTAG, BIST, parametric, register read/write,
- Tester hardware (test machines, interface PCBS, sockets, probe cards, signal integrity)
- Working knowledge of semiconductor circuits, (analog ADC/DACs, digital, signal integrity over transmission lines)
- Programming: C, python (MATLAB ok), C#
- Software tools: data analysis (Pandas, R, JMP), database (PostgreSQL, ORM) revision control (git, github, svn), bug tracker tools (jira), wikis (confluence), Linux
- ATE (testers/probers/handlers) programming experience in a production environment.
- Experience qualifying testers and test programs for release at test houses.
- Experience with wafer foundries as a production supplier
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.